Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Thing 19: LibraryThing.

I heart LibraryThing! I've been using it for about half a year now to keep track of books I've read. I also try to work on annotations and reviews by writing short reviews, but I haven't had time. I'd love it if there could be a closer link with SJPL's catalog - how nice would it be if I specify my library system, and then whenever I click on a book from someone else's bookshelf, I could see if SJPL owns a copy and then request it? I also love the recommendation feature; it's been more effective and reflective of my own reading interests than Amazon. It's interesting to note what kinds of books are popular in the community and which aren't. For example, I thought that the Glamour book of "Dos and Don'ts" would have more of a following but only 5 other members have added this title. Maybe the more 'serious' books have more entries.

My catalog is at this link: http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=mana_tominaga, but you can see a selection of random books from my library on my sidebar with covers!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger G said...

Hey Mana,

I just discovered Library Thing this week. I'm what you might call a late bloomer in library tech. Anyhow, I love it too! Since most of my books are in the midwest, I won't have much of a collection to add to the site, but I like playing around with the Book Suggester portion of the site and looking at the various posts on the groups page. Congrats on being so close to finishing your 23 things. Alas, I am only on Thing 8! Wish me luck in finishing on time.

...ginger

 

Post a Comment

<< Home