Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thing 2: Lifelong learning.

One challenge for me is the second habit, to accept responsibility for my own learning. I seem to have an easier time learning in structured environments, such as a formal class; otherwise the experience feels less serious. Perhaps this is a reflection of my unwillingness to accept total responsibility for my own educational experiences. On reflection, though, I have learned all about using Linux, desktop publishing, and web design from actual practice. I should feel more confident about my learning abilities (4th habit) and engage others to reinforce my learning (7th habit).

In summary, the habits are:

1. Be goal-oriented.
2. Accept responsibility for your own learning.
3. Problems as challenges.
4. Have confidence.
5. Create your own learning toolbox.
6. Use tech to your advantage.
7. Teach and mentor others.
7.5 PLAY!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home